Day Four: Your Parents
Yesterday was my 26th birthday and day 4 of my challenge. Sadly, I did not have a chance to blog. So here is a make up with two days in one!
I guess if there isn't really any better time than the day after my birthday to talk about my parents and their awesomeness. My parents were set up on a blind date when my mom was 22 and my dad was 24 because my mom's aunt was my grandmother's (dad's mom) best friend. They had both just moved to Denver and were working. They married shortly after and the rest is history. 30 years later, still happy, still in love like the day they met. I strive to find a love like they have for each other in my own life. I know it will happen one day, I just hope that day is sooner rather than later.
Me and my whole family in Mexico a few years ago
Day Five: Your Siblings
My brother and I are the only offspring my parents ever produced. My brother is great. We do not always see eye to eye, but when all is said and done he is one of my best friends. When we were young, I was the biggest tom boy because I always hung out with him and his friends. Now I can say that I have evolved into a girly girl and do not see where a tom boy fit into my past at all. Me and him share the great love for running and we are planning on running a marathon together at the end of February 2011. Running that far for that long scares the shit out of me, but nothing can be too bad with my big brother by my side!


That's so sweet your parents were set up on a blind date!
ReplyDeleteSorry I didn't meet up with you. I'm such a slacker. PLUS I got caught up in teen mom. I hope yall had fun!
I'm going to share a little memory with you. I came over to your house long, long ago and for some reason we were climbing a fence? Being the spaz that I was/am I ripped my pants. I vaguely remember your brother being there. Do you remember this??
Haha. I do not remember this clearly, but it does not surprise me as my entire childhood consisted of getting dirty, playing in the backyard, and repeatedly climbing the fence back and forth into my neighbors yard (because going around would be too simple??). As far as my birthday is concerned I was rather lame and did not go out either.Teen Mom is one of my favorite train wrecks to watch so I do not blame you in any way. We will have to meet up sometime soon, I am in Memphis nearly every weekend now-a-days!
ReplyDelete