Tuesday, October 19, 2010

30 Day Challenge: Day Seven

Day Seven: Favorite Movie

My absolute favorite movie of all time is... The Fox and The Hound. Now, now, now, before you go and judge me about loving a Disney movie even in my non-childhood time, please listen to my explanation. This movie is about a friendship, an improbable relationship between a fox and a hound. The fox was a wild animal taken in by an older woman when he was a youngin, the hound is a young pup learning and being trained to be a hunting dog to sniff out and help his owner kill animals, specifically foxes. Now I am sure most people have seen this movie so I do not need to explain any further, but the moral to the story that I am trying to get at is friendship. In the end of the movie Copper (the hound) lets Todd (the fox) go and get away from his owner as he is hunting. Although he was trained to locate fox and to help in his owner succeed in hunting, Copper went with his friendship with Todd and let him go and live. I take this lesson of friendship into all of my relationships, I consider myself to be a loyal friend, someone who sticks through thick and thin, even betrayal, because if you are lucky enough for me to consider you a friend then you should know that you can depend on me to be there at any time of the day or night in whatever you may need. Sometimes I have been burnt in relationships by being so caring and loving, but in the end I would rather be loyal instead of not present at all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment