Monday, November 8, 2010

30 Day Challenge: A Lot of Days in One

Day 24:  Something You've Learned
I have learned some interesting things lately about myself and about life in general. One is that the Kidneys and Renal System are the worst things ever. I mean you need your kidneys to function in every day life, but why do they have to be so needy and complicated?!? They are worse than men. Two is that dieting and losing weight isn't really as hard as I once thought. I have been making excuses for over 5 years (ever since I turned 21 and put on 21 pounds) for reasons why I do not need to diet. Then a few weeks ago I came up with ONE reason why I do need to diet...to run faster. And that brings me to my third (and last) thing that I have learned lately, I can/am able to run a half marathon faster than I thought I could. In the race series that I have been competing in I have yet to run a race at under an 11 minute mile pace, until yesterday. Yesterday I ran a half marathon (13.1 miles) at a 10:32 pace. That is over 30 seconds less per mile than any race thus far! And, if I didn't start the race like a rock star running 9 minute miles, I possibly could have averaged at a faster pace. Yup, I rock (like you didn't know this already). 
Day 25:  Put your ipod on shuffle - 1st ten songs
 
1. Cold Play "Violet Hill"
2. Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds "Cry Frredom"
3. Mat Kearney "Nothing Left to Lose"
4. Keith Urban "Only You Can Love Me This Way"
5. Dave Matthews Band "So Right"
6. Sean Paul "Get Busy"
7. Beach Boys "Good Vibrations"
8. Mr. Big "To Be With You"
9. John Mayer "Heartbreak Warfare"
10. NSync "Tearin Up My Heart"

With that said, I must say I have quite the odd mix of music in my iPod and in my life in general. 
 
Day 26: A Picture of your family
 
No. 
Day 27: Pets
 
Hailey. My muffin of love. The love of my life. 
 
Day 28:  Something that stresses you out
 
School. And my everyday life.
Day 29:  Three Wishes
 
 1. To win the lottery
2. To finish school. Forever. 
3. To be done with this God forsaken 30 day challenge
 
 
 
My last wish comes true tomorrow, yay! This 30 day challenge seemed like an awesome idea when I started, but now I am just finding it to be a pain in my ass. I would much rather blog for the sake of blogging rather than answer these boring questions, but I am too stubborn to give up on something that I have started...
 
Keep it Classy San Diego.  Until next time. 

1 comment:

  1. HAHA! I love your music shuffle. I do not love this blog challenge. I promise to not start another one. I am so bored with it too.

    ReplyDelete