Sunday, October 10, 2010

Ten Ten Ten

Nothing like celebrating 10/10/10 with a 10 mile race. All I can say is that my legs hurt real bad, especially after the hellish hills that were a part of the course. Also, I would like to wish a very happy one-year anniversary to my bestest friend in the whole world Kristin and her husband Josh.

I was missing in action for the past week, due to being in the tourist trap of Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg TN without any access to internet. Pigeon Forge is the rednecks answer to Orlando, FL or any other touristy trap type of town. All up and down the main strip are bright lights and attractions for any child or adult that never fully grew up. I have seriously never seen so many go-kart tracks in my entire life.

And of course, it is the home of Dolly Parton, the sixty-something (maybe 70?) year old woman who's face is frozen in time and space due to way too many face-lifts and botox.
However, I did play the role of a tourist and went to the Dixie Stampede, a dinner/show theatre where you are supposed to eat like people did in the times of the civil war with no silver ware but they serve you pepsi to drink (think mid evil times in the cable guy), the people sit on either the north side or the south side, and the sides compete for championship. Sad to say for myself that I represented the south and we lost :(

Well now I am back to reality and having to return to my normal life of school, studying, and exams. Woot woot. But since tomorrow is Monday, I figured I would leave all of you on this note...

No comments:

Post a Comment